A Clean Mattress is a Happy Mattress
We use our mattress every night. How often do we clean it though? Even with linens and mattress pads, our mattresses are on the receiving end of dead skin cells, sweat, stains, dust mites, and some other lovely things. Here is one way to clean your mattress.
- Vacuum your mattress to pick up all of the crumbs, pet hair, dirt, and dust that has piled up over time
- Spot clean your mattress for any stains that might have occurred. Most stains are protein based, but they probably are notnew so you might really have to scrub at them to get them out.
- Deodorize your mattress by sprinkling a light layer of baking soda over the entire mattress. Let the baking soda sit for about an hour or two. and then vacuum off the baking soda.
- Air out your mattress. The best way would be taking it outside for some fresh air and UV sunlight. It's a great way to get rid of any bacteria naturally. If you can't get your mattress outside for whatever reason, just letting it sit on the house for a couple hours will be fine.
- Cover and protect your mattress with a mattress cover and linens. They are easy defensive mechanisms against future dirt and stains and they are really easy to clean.